CAREERS AT THE WORKOUT CLUB
Join a Strong Team
At its heart, the people that work at the Workout Club make all the difference. That difference comes from the core values we uphold us as people and collectively as a company in this great community. Some of the core values we look for in individuals are seen here.
We are always welcoming of talented individuals that want to be part of our team and better the lives of our members through health & fitness. The Workout Club is expanding their operations are seeking qualified results driven individuals to join their team. If you are the best of the best in the following positions then The Workout Club IS THE HOME FOR YOU!
Our Core Values
1. Provide More Value Than Expected.
2. Be The Reason Our Members Are Smiling.
3. Constantly Learn, Embrace Change With A Positive Can-Do Attitude.
4. Build Strong Relationships With Members.
5. Constantly Aim To Improve.
6. Be Professional But Still Have Fun.
7. Work With Other Staff Members To Improve As A Team.
8. Embrace Health And Fitness As A Passion and As A Career.
9. Motivate Others With Your Words And Actions.
10. Always Be Dependable And Consistent.
11. Treat All Members, Guests, And Staff With Respect and Integrity.
12. Be Dedicated And Loyal To The Members, Guests, Staff, And Company.
13. Be on Time.
Currently Accepting Applications for the Following Positions
The Workout Club’s Assistant General Manager is responsible for working with the Club GM for the overall operational and financial performance of the club.
The (AGM) will help ensure the smooth and efficient operational procedures within all departments enabling the club to provide the highest level of customer service. He/She will demonstrate an aptitude and command of all company-wide policies and initiatives to ensure the integrity of the Workout Club brand.
Along with the GM he/she will ensure the fiscal effectiveness of all profit centers and provides leadership to accomplish overall departmental objectives. Both the GM and AGM will work hand in hand with their team to guarantee operational excellence
The Front Desk Attendant will perform sales for memberships, personal training and other fitness related services. He / She will greet and direct members, guests as they enter the gym and provide control of the front door area. This position will provide assistance to member’s requests along with inquiries about gym operations & policies as well as perform various administrative duties as directed by the manager/supervisor.
- Greets each member and guests promptly, enthusiastically and with a smile to create a friendly positive entrance into the gym.
- Says Hello to all incoming guests and says Good-bye to all outgoing guests.
- Monitors and controls the front door area of the facility.
- Checks each member into the gym using the proper check-in procedures.
- Monitor check-ins to identify delinquent accounts and notifies and helps resolve the member’s issue at that time.
- Register all guests into the gym using proper registration procedures.
- Ensures that guests and appointments are directed to the appropriate fitness consultant in a prompt, professional manner.
- Answers phone by the third ring in a professional and courteous manner and use proper phone greeting techniques/etiquette.
- Addresses caller’s requests and/or takes appropriate messages.
- Registers all telephone inquiries in the phone log register and/or transfers the call to the appropriate Fitness Consultants.
- Responsible for following up on telephone inquiries to ensure that the appointment was booked properly.
- Responds immediately to member requests, inquiries and concerns.
- Maintain neat appearance and wear proper uniform attire with nametag while on duty.
- Processes retail and concession sales.
- Attends all staff meetings as directed.
- Cleans and maintains the front desk area according to Company standards.
- Cleans and maintains the gym floor according to company standards
- Responsible for gym walk-thru as designated in walk-thru log.
- Follow proper opening and closing procedures as assigned.
- Logs all maintenance concerns that are reported.
- Notifies management of gym incidents that requires incident reports.
- Works when scheduled and adheres to company attendance policies.
- Performs other duties as directed by the manager / Supervisor
- Follows up on all prospects by using established sales systems.
- Conducts gym tours
- Conducts telephone inquiries
- Establishes and maintain referral programs and lead sources throughout the community
- Must be current on company’s Company pricing and promotion schedule.
- Maintains information on club history, background, philosophy, facilities, staff and policies.
- Assumes responsibility for developing consultative selling skills.
- Prepares for, attends and actively participates in staff meetings.
- Maintains a positive relationship with the rest of the staff. Supports other staff in achieving their goals and company goals.
- Participates in all scheduled meetings as directed by the General Manager
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must be dependable and willing to go the extra mile for our members.
- Must be a team player.
- High school diploma required.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both staff and members is critical.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles is required.
- Understanding of basic cash processing procedures is required.
- Functional computer skills are required.
- Ability to multi-task is very helpful to successfully perform duties.
- Compensation will be based on experience and overall qualifications.
- Upward mobility within the company.
KIDS KORNER ATTENDANT
As the Kids Korner Attendant, you will provide members and their children with a friendly, safe, and welcoming environment for children to play so parents feel comfortable while working out in the club. Ensure team members provide exceptional customer service and interact with children at all times.
- Attend to Children 3 months and up in the Korner.
- Provide a safe, clean and organized child care area.
- Personally engage children in interactive activities that include storytelling, organized arts & crafts, singing, and games.
- Clean and keep Kids Korner organized.
- Must enjoy being with children.
- Possible answering phones/some front desk work and assignments as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- Ability to work well with children of various ages and abilities
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Willingness to maintain a flexible schedule
- Capable of working as a team player
- Ability to maintain a safe environment
- CPR/AED certification
Personal Trainers are responsible for providing customized fitness programs to the client’s individual needs. This includes education and guidance on proper nutrition, cardiovascular exercise, resistance training, and other programs to help the member achieve their desired fitness goals.
Able to train members of all ages and abilities in all facets of fitness. weightlifting, cardiovascular, stretching, plyometrics, isometric, cross training etc… With the desired result to create WOW moments for members, guests, and other team members.
Requirements / Personal Skills:
- Team Player
- A commitment to a healthy lifestyle
- A passion for fitness and changing lives
- Maintain schedule and be on time
- National level Personal Training Certification and CPR/AED certifications
- Maintain a consistent and growing client base.
- Develops an individual exercise program consistent with the member’s personal fitness and exercise goals.
- Provide guidance in nutrition to meet the client’s needs.
- Motivate and encourage clients.
- Educate and assist members on exercise equipment, physical fitness, and realistic physical expectations.
- Continually monitors and assists members to ensure proper form is used when performing exercises.
- Perform orientations for new members that lead to new potential clients.
- Excel in Personal Training Sales, by resigning clients for personal training.
- Increase club membership and overall revenue production by working closely with the rest of the staff.
- Competitive salary
- Discounts on supplements and retail items
- State of the art equipment to train on
- Fun, healthy environment to work in
AQUATICS ~ LIFEGUARDS
Lifeguards are responsible for many duties during a typical shift. A job description for a Lifeguard may contain the following duties and responsibilities:
· Opening and closing the pool each day according to scheduled hours
· Regularly treat the pool with the correct amount of chemicals
· Closely monitoring activities related to the pool area, identifying any safety issues throughout shift
· Directing swimmers out of water in dangerous conditions
· Closely monitoring weather reports to make sure guests remain safe
· Organizing and overseeing pool parties
· Providing swim lessons and coaching swim team when applicable
· Maintaining a clean pool environment
AQUATICS ~ SWIM INSTRUCTORS
This position is responsible planning, organizing and providing quality swimming and water safety instruction including private lessons.
- Offer swimming instruction for infants to adults.
- Provide parents with children progress reports.
- Create tailored lesson plans for swim instruction.
- Help swimmers develop proper skills and techniques.
- Provide students with positive reinforcement
As a Group Fitness Instructor, you will provide cutting-edge group fitness instruction through a variety of entertaining, educational, and fun classes to promote fitness and positive self-esteem in a safe environment. We are looking for people that want to grow the club with us.
We are currently holding interviews and auditions for All Group Fitness areas, but more specifically in the following areas: Pilates, Yoga, Barre, Silver Sneakers, Les Mills, Aquacize and Indoor Cycle (Spin).
Requirements / Personal Skills:
- Must be passionate about the fitness industry and have a strong desire to help others.
- Must be certified in the discipline you are instructing as well as CPR/AED certified.
- All applications should possess strong communication skills, use of social media to promote your classes and be a team player.
- Maintain positive relationships with members and encourage class attendance.
- Interact with members and non-members in a positive fashion inside and outside of the club.
- Clean and organize studio after each Group Fitness class.
- Promote club promotions, programs, products, and services to class participants.
- Motivate members to continue to consistently attend Group Fitness classes.
- Participate in volunteer events held by the club.
- Attend Staff Meetings.
- Consistently meet daily class attendance goals.
Interested in applying?Submit your application, resume and qualifications below and let us knowhow you can add value to our team!
Download Job Application
Please email resumes and completed job applications to email@example.com.